A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool
Home Paul Kavanagh / My Quotes

My Quotes

My Quotes

My website, as my life, is engulfed in quotes. I just love the little nuggets of wisdom that quotes give us. In the art of communication only 7% of communication between humans is the actual words that we use, things like pace, tone, volume make up the other 93%. However with a well constructed quote, the use and placement of a few exceptionally well chosen words can, and have, changed the world. Words touch people, move people, educate and inform people, and when they are constructed into a memorable quotation they do this for decades even centuries.

One day, at some point in my normal life, I would love to generate a quote that touches the world, a quote remembered, and more importantly used long after my death. And as a man who uses quotes, a lot, in my every day speech, I really hope that my mind is being trained to create that one moment.

Amongst my favorites are a few that I feel do belong to me, or at least I believe I did say them somewhere and sometime before I ever heard them in the mainstream. “The ego has landed” was said by me when I was just 5 years old, I remember it so well. “Fake it, til you make it” was said by me when I was 13, and finally “it’s not what you know, nor who you know, it’s what you do with them” was an adaptation I made over 15 years ago. But I know, no where in the annals of history will I ever be credited with these. So my quest continues, my wish for immortality through words I know will be with me for each and every day of my life, but if I remain positive, keep using and thinking about quotes then I am sure, one day, the opportunity will present itself and I will grab that moment and create a wordy legacy.

 

Made by Webfactory Bulgaria WF
© 2008 Paul Kavanagh. All rights reserved.